Thursday, June 12, 2014

Resolution of Thanks or my Bye UMYF Sentiments

A long-due post.


Resolution of Thanks

Be it resolved that my twelve years as a UMYFer have officially ended last May 31 and that with the presence of the beings mentioned below, these twelve years are hereby declared as the Best 12 Years of My Life, so far.

(1) The Lord Almighty, for His love and grace and mercy and faithfulness and blessings. For everything, really.

(2) My Mom and Dad, who have prayed, supported and guided me especially during the years of my youth leadership in the District and Annual level; who have tolerated my inability to stay put on weekends because of meetings after meetings; who have provided resources in order for me to attend Christmas Institutes (CI), Summer Camps, Leadership Training and the likes back when I was still a financially-dependent kiddo; who have corrected me with love whenever I make rush decisions or have disrespect anyone with my words or gestures; who never fails to remind me the importance of having a balance with all the things I committed on; who introduced me to the Church and to the love of God and to the importance of having a relationship with Jesus. 

(3) My brothers Buchoy and Ej, who are my inspiration in ensuring that my testimony is well taken care of. Because what young leader am I if I can't even be a model to my siblings.

My fam bam! :)
(4) Body of Christ United Methodist Church (BOC UMC), my home church which have molded everything I am capable of doing today; which have supported me through their prayers, presence and provision over the years; which have reminded me that no matter where level I served, the local church is the top priority; which have proudly treat me as its own kid and have carefully watched me as I grow.

(5) BOC UMYF Family, where I felt truly loved and accepted, where I have met true friends and more-than-friends, who have all been part of CI 2011: Cross the Line as staffs; who have supported me by being always present in District and Annual activities; for doing fund-raisers to ensure that we'll send a huge number of delegates every time; for being good listeners whenever they ask for advice. Kita-kits sa UMYAF :P

BOC UMYFers. How we've grown :)
(6) Ate Jet Sales and Ate Helene Mae Sales-Santos who I consider my mentors in leadership. Who opened their homes for meeting, tawanan and iyakan sessions; who have imparted in me the need to continue the line of leadership and to urge on on good and especially on bad times; who have taught me the basics of being an Overall Director by exposing me to different committees; and by simply walking their talks. I love you Ates! :)

(7) Jojo Timajo, Joanna Rivera, Faye Tamang, Kat Tamang and Soler delas Armas, friends for keeps that no matter where we are right now, what we are doing, I can always go back to those fun meeting sessions where our leadership paths have all started. I miss you :)

Where are you now? I miss you :)
(8) Melludi Gozum, Bettina Peñalosa, Avi Angeles, Corch Tolentino and Jonathan Esguerra, my co-leaders in serving the Rizal District CY 2010-2012. For all your efforts in making the two years a smooth and successful one; for being excellent committee heads during the Cross the Line CI; for your respect and obedience for every task; for being pranings which have taught me to be calm (yes, kayo nagturo sakin maging chillax kahit may issues); for loving the Rizal District UMYFers. Salamat dears. Sobraaaa. :)

Tired but thankful faces of the RDUMYF Leaders.
After CI 2010: Cross the Line.
(9) Faye Tamang, Kat Tamang, Karen Kabingue, Noe Cenal and JS Villanueva, my co-leaders in serving the Rizal Philippine Annual Conference (RPACE) CY 2012-2014. For expanding the Lord's territory in our lives by serving the people of both Rizal and Metro; for our travels in Cebu, Baguio, Cavite; for being my comrades for my last two years serving the youth. Ang dami kong natutunan, na-realize. Salamat ng marami :)

With Karen, CY 2014-2016 RPACE President and
with Noe, CY 2014-2015 MEA Vice-President. Bigatins!
:)

Travel to Cebu with Noe, Faye and Karen. For the 2nd NYCM.
(10) Pastor Jojo Barawidan, Pastora Leyda Yambot, DS Zosimo Mabuti, DS Danilo Pedracio, DS Alvin Alcantara, Pastor Rey Hernandez, Dss. Monica Ramos and to all the RPACE workers, for all your wisdom you imparted to everyone of us during our term of office; for being our advisers and for standing up for us whenever we hear discouragements; for being shepherds of the Church; we learned a lot from you. Thank you to our pastors and deaconesses who we often take for granted. Salamat at sorry po :)

(11) My bosses in SGV, Jollibee and Johnson & Johnson who have allowed me to take leaves whenever there are camps or training. Thank you for allowing me to balance my work and my ministry. You have taught me greatly how to manage my tasks and my time. 

(12) Nissan Escusa, Kuya Aj Ines, Kuya Rj Angeles, Ate Judea Baisas, Ate Jaysel Bernardino, Kuya Ged Bernardino,  Ate Jet Sales, Ate Helene Santos, JS Ramos, Kuya Rev Cao, Kuya Bhin Perez, Kuya Guiller Madriaga; for being our ates and kuyas in the ministry. We have found you all faithful and we thank you for the encouragement, training, prayers that you have given us and that you continually give. UMYAF naman po ang brasuhin natin? :)

(13) The National UMYF Leaders. Late ko na kayo na-meet lahat, except for Nissan. But I thank the Lord na huli man daw, I have seen how dedicated and committed you are to serve the UMYF of the Philippines. Thank you for representing us in the conferences inside and outside the country; for the sacrifices you make in order to visit all the episcopal areas. Then to all the wonderful leaders of each annual conference, ang dami-dami kong na-meet na friends. Kahit san na niyan ako magpunta, may matutulugan na ako. Hahaha :)


4th NYCM at Baguio First UMC
(14) Kim Noble, Jap Rodriguez, Patty Loyola, Evan Garcia, Kurt Bonior, Sarah Macanlalay, Joebeth Santiago, Lendl Medina, Nath Seralde, Ram Tolledo, Rose Fernandez, Jhunarlyn Bancud, Simon delos Santos, Ceejay Hernandez, CY 2014-2016 leaders of Rizal and Metro District UMYF. Wala na akong uulit-ulitin pa kundi walang sayang at walang tapon sa paglilingkod sa Diyos through youth leadership. What you will learn here, madadala nyo everywhere. Promise! Cast all your concerns, doubts to the Lord. Studies ba, work ba? He'll take care of that. Seek Him first and He'll add all things to you (Matthew 6:33). Maging tapat lang. Kay Lord. Sa local church nyo. At sa very wonderful opportunity na ito of serving the youth. Please, zero attrition sana? Haha. I'm just a text and call away. I love you leaders :)

(15) Karen Kabingue, Jonathan Esguerra, Bettina Peñalosa and Meien Cenal, Cy 2014-2016 leaders of RPACE. Salamat for taking the baton, the fire, the burden of youth leadership sa ating beloved conference. No worries na ako ngayon because there are people like you na magpapatuloy. O sige na, naiiyak na ako. At naiinggit ako sa mga NYCM venues. Haha. Annual CI naman tayo diyan! I love you guys. Idamay ko na rin si Noe Cenal na VP-MEA. Noe, yung vision mo nung in-screen ka, hold on to that ha? RPACE is behind you. Don't forget that :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A lot of people were asking me why turning 25 is a huge deal for me. Eto yun. The 12 years I've spent in the UMYF organization created a big impact in my life. This is were I spent my teenager years, this is where I finished college, pass the boards and started working. Every milestone ng buhay ko, so far, is part of the years that I've spent as a UMYFer. 

Maraming tawanan. Napakaraming iyakan. Madaming natuturuan. Napakaraming natututunan. Maraming nakikilala at nagiging kaibigan. Napakaraming nagiging inspirasyon at modelo sa buhay. This is UMYF life. This is the life of a UMYF leader. This is my 12 years.


"Panginoon, kay buti mo sa akin. Ikaw lamang ang tangi kong sasambahin. Aawitan kita, at pupurihin. Panginoon, kay buti mo sa akin."


Bye UMYF. Hello UMYAF. Excited na ako sa panibagong dalang hamon mo sa buhay ko :)



Christ above all and now In Jesus' Steps,


Elisha Simangan Wanagen
RPACE UMYF President, CY 2012-2014
RDUMYF President, CY 2010-2012
Lubos na makakamiss sa UMYF, CY 2014-onward :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com